LEICA APO-VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 90-280 MM F/2.8-4 The new telephoto SL lens - In stock
Leica Camera is pleased to introduce the LEICA APO-VARIO-ELMARIT-SL 90-280 mm f2.8-4 lens which provides quiet, precise and fast auto focus in a versatile high-performance telephoto zoom. This large telephoto focal length range combined with built-in image stabilization and weather sealing make this new lens an incredibly flexible tool for any professional photographer. The Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL’s image quality is incredibly well optimized and corrected at every aperture and focal length, yielding sharp results in any environment. By utilizing unique double internal focusing with floating lens elements, the lens achieves fast auto focus throughout this zoom range while all movements are done within the lens barrel. The lens does not change shape or size while zooming or focusing, allowing for better weather resistance. A lockable rotating tripod collar allows the lens to be fixed at any angle. The collar has detents every 90 degrees for rapid switching from landscape to portrait format. The lens hood supplied with the lens suppresses undesirable reflections, stray light and prevents flare.
- L Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 7 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- AquaDura Coating on Outer Elements
- Stepping AF Motor and Linear Positioning
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Dual Internal Focus and Internal Zoom
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Design
- Removable Rotating Tripod Collar
- Telephoto zoom 90-280mm L-mount lens is designed for use on full-frame mirrorless cameras, and can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 135-420mm equivalent focal length range.
- The f/2.8-4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- Designated as an apochromat, this lens features seven anomalous partial dispersion elements that reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to virtually eliminate color fringing and false colors.
- An optical image stabilization system compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
- A stepping motor with linear positioning offers smooth, silent, and precise autofocus performance for focusing as closely as 2' at the 90mm focal length position, or as closely as 4.6' at the 280mm focal length position.
- Dual internal focusing design employs two individual elements for focusing in order produce quick, quiet, and accurate focusing performance. This focusing mechanism also pairs well with the internal zoom design to maintain the overall lens length and to prevent the front 82mm filter ring from rotating during use.
- The water-repellent AquaDura coating has been applied to the front and rear optical surfaces to protect against moisture and other elements.
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture to benefit working in trying shooting conditions.
- Included lens hood helps to guard against stray light from entering the lens and to prevent unwanted ghosting and flare from occurring.
- A removable rotating tripod collar lends increased stability when shooting atop a tripod, and incorporates detents at 90° positions for more intuitive switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
Image Stabilization Yes Autofocus Yes Tripod Collar Yes Removable - rotating Filter Thread Front: 82 mm Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.46 x 9.37" (88 x 238 mm) Weight 4.08 lb (1.85 kg) Package Weight 6.85 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.3 x 7.5 x 7.3"