Leica M10 Monochrom black Cat # 20050 Mint/LN-
Latest camera sold with box and 2 years warranty
40MP Full-Frame B&W CMOS Sensor
No Color Array or Low Pass Filter
Leica Maestro II Image Processor
Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
Discover more in black and white Leica Camera is excited to announce the long-awaited third generation of its innovative black and white digital rangefinder cameras, the Leica M10 Monochrom. Based on the Leica M10-P platform, the M10 Monochrom brings a new level of resolution and performance to the M-System as well as black and white photography as a whole. The Leica M10 Monochrom touts a brand new 40 megapixel full frame monochrome sensor that achieves new heights in sharpness, detail and resolution while also opening up newfound versatility with a lower base ISO of 160 and a higher maximum ISO of 100,000. With these new levels of performance, the M10 Monochrom is even more capable than its predecessors in any lighting scenarios while maintaining the film-like grain and beautiful contrast and sharpness it is known for, thanks to the removal of the color filter array from the sensor. The M10 Monochrom is the ideal camera for the most passionate and dedicated black and white photographers. Features at a glance: – New 40mp full frame black and white sensor – ISO range of 160 - 100,000 – Silent mechanical shutter, touchscreen, thinner body design and ISO dial of M10-P platform – Leica FOTOS connectivity; first Monochrom to feature Wi-Fi – Monochromatic design aesthetic; white and gray engravings on the body, blacked-out shutter button and lens release button.
The newly developed 40 megapixel sensor has been built from the ground up with the M10 Monochrom in mind, achieving new more versatile ISO performance. The removal of the color filter array ensures each pixel receives more light and no interpolation is needed, ensuring the highest quality black and white captures.
With the Leica M10 Monochrom, the difference is black and white. This specialized digital rangefinder camera has been configured with a unique 40MP full-frame monochrome CMOS sensor, which is used for the sole purpose of recording vivid and rich black and white still photographs. Versus a standard CMOS sensor, this specialized monochrome sensor sees the removal of the color filter array to enable recording of just luminance values in order to achieve greater visual depth and clarity, along with improved sensitivity to ISO 100,000 and reduced noise levels to suit working in difficult lighting. The sensor's design also sees the omission of an optical low-pass filter, which helps to produce sharper, higher resolution imagery.
Sharing design traits with other M10-series cameras, the M10 Monochrom features a slim body profile reminiscent of M film cameras, and a larger 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder allows for greater composition and focusing accuracy. The body design also incorporates a dedicated ISO dial for quick adjustment, even when the camera is turned off, and the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a Gorilla Glass cover to guard against scratching and light impacts. Also contributing to durability, the top and bottom plates are constructed from brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy to realize a robust physical construction for long-lasting use. Additionally, the M10 Monochrom also features an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device via the Leica FOTOS app.
40MP Black & White CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10 Monochrom to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
Other Camera Features
- Integrated 2GB buffer to for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.