Leica M10-P "Reporter" Digital Rangefinder Camera New USA #20041 /Accepting orders / Free shipping
Inspired by Leica's history and connection with press and reportage photography, the M10-P "Reporter" is a special edition rangefinder camera featuring a streamlined body design along with a characteristic dark green paint finish. The camera also sports a highly durable scratch-resistant coating and is fitted with Kevlar trim for an even more rugged appearance and enhanced grip. This camera is part of a limited edition of 450 units.
The M10-P is a sleek and straightforward digital rangefinder camera that blends enhanced still imaging capabilities with an updated, pared-down appearance as well as the quietest shutter of any film or digital M-series camera. Utilizing a redeveloped 24MP full-frame CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, the M10-P yields high-resolution imagery with an extended dynamic range, high sensitivity to ISO 50000, and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. Akin to its sibling model, the M10, the M10-P features a slim body profile reminiscent of M film cameras, and the larger 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder allows for greater composition and focusing accuracy. The body design also incorporates a dedicated ISO dial for quick adjustment, even when the camera is turned off, and the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a Gorilla Glass cover to guard against scratching and light impacts. Also contributing to durability, the top and bottom plates are constructed from brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy to realize a robust physical construction for long-lasting use. Additionally, the M10-P also sports an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
Leica M10-P "Reporter"
24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation.
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Built-in level gauge aids in achieving perfectly level horizons.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10-P to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica M app.
Other Camera Features
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.