New USA Camera - in stock
Accepting Used Leica Trade in, Please call or email us for our special offer.
- 40MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
Redefining image quality – The new 40 megapixel flagship M Leica Camera is excited to introduce the latest version of the company’s legendary rangefinder camera: the Leica M10-R, complete with a new 40 megapixel full frame color sensor and all the improvements of the entire generation of M10 cameras. Each and every engineering development and design accomplishment of 3+ years of M camera development has been distilled into this new model and maximized with the new capabilities brought by this 40 megapixel full frame color image sensor. The M10-R reaches new heights of image quality with even improved high-ISO performance and increased dynamic range. The Leica M10-R matches the resolution of its sibling model, the Leica M10 Monochrom, becoming the new flagship of the ongoing family of M10 cameras. The M10-R allows its users to dive deeper into their images and pull out more detail and richness from their storied Leica M-Lenses. The M10-R is perfect for photographers who want the maximum image quality and the ultimate Leica M rangefinder experience.
Features at a glance:
- New 40mp full frame color sensor for unprecedented image quality with M-Lenses
- ISO range of 100 - 50,000 & improved image quality in low light compared to M10/M10-P
- Physical design, 3 button layout, ISO dial, and aesthetics of standard M10 with red dot logo
- Silent mechanical shutter, touchscreen, and level gauge of M10-P
- 16 minute maximum shutter time for longer exposures and greater creative freedom
- Full compatibility with all Leica M10 accessories (battery, grips, cases, etc.)
With a resolution of over 40 megapixels, the Leica M10-R’s newly developed image sensor is able to capture even the finest textures and details. Its base sensitivity of ISO 100, combined with fast Leica M-Lenses, makes it easy and flexible for shooting wide open and achieving maximum background blur and strong bokeh even in bright daytime light. On the other end of the spectrum, the new sensor allows for a longer maximum exposure time of 16 minutes, lending the user more creative freedom when capturing star trails, motion blur or bringing out the tiniest amount of light in a nighttime landscape. All of this versatility at these new heights of resolution and higher dynamic range make the M10-R an imaging powerhouse for any application.
40MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the camera to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
Other Camera Features
- Near-silent mechanical shutter for inconspicuous shooting.
- Integrated 2GB buffer to for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the 14-bit DNG or 8-bit JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.
In the Box
- Leica M10-R Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black Chrome)
- Carrying Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cover