IN STOCK /
Leica Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 A legendary classic lens reborn.
Leica Camera is pleased to expand its line of classic lenses with the Leica Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2. First introduced in the mid-1930s where only about 3,000 units were produced, the new Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 has the same optical design but a modified exterior. The lens still produces the same dreamy, soft focus look of the original 83-year old lens.
Call 1-888-LeicaSam(534-2272) or Email Sam@classicconnection.com to order
The Leica Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 offers the following benefits :
• Optical design similar to the original Thambar-M 9 cm f/2.2.
• Lens elements are now single-coated to protect the glass from the elements and corrosion.
• Ensures the same, distinctive dreamy, soft focus look and unmistakeable bokeh.
• Provides unmistakable imaging signature which cannot be reproduced by other lenses or digital processing.
• Same proportions as original lens, with black paint finish and red and white aperture scales.
• Red scale applies when the included center spot filter is in place, for a more dramatic softfocus effect. When working without the center spot filter, the white aperture scale is used.
• Meticulously crafted to the highest quality standards, with a primary focus on high-grade materials and durability.
• Made in Germany, with a delivery scope that includes: metal lens hood, center spot glass filter with metal rim, metal lens cap and a hard leather case in vintage brown color – similar to the original. The Thambar-M 90 mm f/2.2 will be available from late November 2017.
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.2 to f/25
- Distinct Soft Focus Image Quality
- Center Spot Filter for Dramatic Effect
- Single Coated Glass Elements
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 3.3'
- Stepless Aperture Ring
- 20-Blade Diaphragm
- Based on Original 1930s Design