Leica V-Lux 5 Digital camera
- 20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor
- DC Vario-Elmarit ASPH. 16x Zoom Lens
- 25-400mm f/2.8-4 (35mm Equivalent)
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
the Leica V-Lux 5 is a versatile camera characterized by its ergonomic design and travel-friendly feature-set. Revolving around a large 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor, high-resolution stills shooting and UHD 4K video recording is possible with a wide sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The sensor and processing technologies also enable fast autofocus performance along with continuous full-resolution shooting at 12 fps and 4K Photo shooting at 30 fps.
Balancing the photo and video capabilities, the V-Lux 5 is also distinguished by its impressive DC Vario-Elmarit ASPH. zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to super-telephoto 25-400mm equivalent focal length range. Also notable is the camera's ergonomic design, which resembles an SLR camera, and incorporates both a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.24m-dot articulating touchscreen LCD. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet via the Leica FOTOS app.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor
DC Vario-Elmarit ASPH. 16x Zoom Lens
4K Video and 4K Photo Modes
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 minutes, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
This technology also allows for producing focus stacked images in-camera to realize a greater depth of field, especially when photographing close-up subjects. In this mode, images are recorded and saved with varying points of focus and then blended together to gain an extended depth of field.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot, 0.74x-magnification electronic viewfinder is integrated into the body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0" 1.24m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation. The screen features an articulating design that flips out 180° to the side and then tilts 270° to permit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with approximately 440 shots per charge and in-camera charging is supported via the micro-USB port.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, along with the Leica FOTOS app, allow you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. This connectivity also allows you to remotely control the camera from a mobile device.